Business Use Cases of GCD Data: Valuation of Non-Performing Loans
Valuing NPL is the base for portfolio and capital management and requires to project ultimate recoveries using the best available data. The volume of legacy NPL on banks’ balance sheets will be augmented sensitively by the potentially hard recession that may result from the covid19 pandemic.
Burkhard Heppe from NPL Markets and Richard Crecel from Global Credit Data will discuss the current situation of NPL buyers and sellers, the need for "bad loans banks" and how valuation platforms and a structured loan loss data collection can help in times of the Covid-19 crisis.
Please register here to get further information (material & login details).
- Introduction to NPL Markets and the market for NPL
- Impact of current crisis on bank loan defaults and recoveries
- Different valuation types of NPL: hold or sell
- Using GCD data for NPL valuations
- Determine a break-even price for selling NPL
- "Bad banks" - needed to overcome the crisis?
Meeting ID: 959 4667 9029
Alternatively by phone:
- Germany: +49 69 7104 9922
- Netherlands: +31 20 794 7345
- France: +33 7 5678 4048
- Italy: +39 069 480 6488
- UK: +44 330 088 5830
- Canada: +1 778 907 2071
- US: +1 929 436 2866
- Australia: +61 8 7150 1149